Located on 40 acres of beautiful parkland, the Copthorne Effingham Hotel is like an English country estate with all the amenities you'd expect from a 4-star hotel. A relaxing oasis just 5 minutes from the M23, close to many attractions and the South Coast.
Standard Room facilities include a private bathroom, tea/coffee making facilities, TV and phone. Rooms also have free satellite channels, in-house movies (chargeable), a radio, trouser press, baby listening services and a hairdryer. Non-smoking rooms are available on request. Room service is available 24 hours a day, with breakfast available from 6.30. Interconnecting rooms are available on request. Cots are available, but cannot be allocated to triple or family rooms.
Check-in after: 14.00
Check-out by: 12.00
food and drink
- Breakfast - Mon-Sat: 6.30-10.00, Sun: 7.30-11.00
- Dinner - 18.30-22.00
Please note that reservations are required.
- Open 18.00-23.00
- Lunch & Dinner is served between 12.00-22.00.
- Bar is open from 09.00-23.00.
Breakfast may be enjoyed in your room, and is available from 06.30 Mon-Sat and from 07.30 on Sunday. (Extra charge applies.)
(Vegetarian menu available)
- Copthorne Le Club offers a gym, exercise studio, 20m swimming pool, separate gents and ladies saunas, steamrooms, and spa bath (ladies' changing rooms only).
- The swimming pool is closed for maintenance until further notice.
- Please Note: Children under the age of 14 may not use the swimming pool before 10.00 and after 18.00 Sunday to Thursday, and before 10.00 and after 19.00 Fri-Sat. Children must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
In addition to Copthorne Le Club, the hotel offers two floodlit tennis courts, a 9-hole golf course, beauty treatments, and solaria (additional charges apply).
There is easy access to all areas, and one specially-designed room for disabled guests. Wheelchairs can fit into lifts.
transfers to Gatwick Airport
- Bus G5 runs to the airport hourly, at quarter past the hour, from 4.15am to 11.15pm, arriving at the South terminal at 35 minutes past and the North Terminal five minutes later. Tickets cost £4.50 each way for adults and £2.50 for children aged six to 12; children under six travel free, and a family ticket for two adults and two children costs £9. If you would prefer a taxi, which will take about 10 minutes, the hotel recommends Roadrunners (01342 324444), who charge £11.50 for a four-seater and £23 for an eight-seater.
- For customers who need to get to the hotel from the airport, the bus leaves from stop 9 at the South terminal at 35 minutes past the hour from 4.35am to 11.35pm, and stop 8 at the North terminal five minutes later. The journey does take about 35 to 40 minutes, because the bus goes via the Holiday Inn Gatwick Worth, so customers may prefer to get a taxi.
Parking packages include parking on-site at the hotel unless stated at the time of booking. Additional days' parking are charged at £5.00 per day.
Please note: Prices quoted for transfers and additional parking days correct at time of publication.
Additional days parking beyond the duration of your stay as indicated at the time of booking may incur additional fees.
- Triple rooms will consist of either 3 single beds or 1 double bed and 1 single bed.
- Quad rooms will consist of either 4 single beds or 1 double bed and 2 single beds.
- Please note that there may be limited restaurant, bar and leisure club facilities over Christmas and New Year's.